Sunday, December 20, 2009

JOKE TIME 10 - CORRECT GRAMMAR



O
n my 66th birthday, I got a gift certificate from my wife. The certificate paid for a visit to a medicine man living on a nearby reservation who was rumored to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction.

After being persuaded, I drove to the reservation, handed my ticket to the medicine man and wondered what would happen next. The old man slowly, methodically produced a potion, handed it to me, and with a grip on my shoulder, warned,

"This is powerful medicine and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful and then say, '1-2-3.' when you do that you will become more manly than you have ever been in your life and you can perform as long as you want."

I was encouraged. As I walked way, I turned and asked,

"How do I stop the medicine from working?"

"Your partner must say, '1-2-3-4,' he responded.

"But when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon."

I was very eager to see if it worked so I went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited my wife to join me in the bedroom. When she came in, I took off my clothes and said,

"1-2-3!"

Immediately, I was the manliest of man. My wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes. And then she asked,

"what was the 1-2-3 for?"

And that boys and girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition!

ONE COULD END UP
WITH A DANGLING PARTICIPLE!!!


ja ja ja!!!


4 comments:

RodDiz said...

Di ko kailangan ang enhancer, Bro, laging maastig 'to ha ha!

Very funny!

CV said...

What is dangling participle, T2?

Bay Martin said...

@ Rod

You are noted for that ha ha!

Unknown said...

OK I got the joke. Very funny, man!